Friday, August 5, 2011

Thursday, Aug 4, American Harvest

Another lovely Thursday evening spent with good friends.  Tonight was my friend Mark's birthday, so we were out to celebrate.  Mark and I are the "oldest friends" of our crew; we consider ourselves "ground zero" for our group.  Mark was one of the first people I met when I moved to Springfield; if we hadn't been friends, my sister probably wouldn't have met her husband, but I digress.  Let's talk food!

American Harvest was having their Local Flavors dinner, which was a pleasant surprise.  We did not have reservations, but a table (for 5!) was found pronto.  We were seated next to the Sweets -- another pleasant surprise. 

First course:  Heirloom tomato and grilled corn bread salad with warm bacon vinaigrette.  Delicious!  You had me at bacon.

Second Course:  Lamb chops with roasted vegetables.  Lamb was very good; I was at first hesitant since I don't ususally order lamb, but this cooked perfectly.  The vegetables were also very good.  Dora got the Sweet corn Risotto with mushrooms and goat cheese.  I did have some food envy with that; very rich and tasty!

Third Course:  Petite Peach Pistachio Tart with frozen greek yogurt  --- YUM!  The pastry was buttery, the tart itself was not too sweet, the frozen greek yogurt was tangy....it all worked!

Everyone enjoyed their dinner; some tried the local brew and enjoyed every last drop of that.  Can't wait to come back and try something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment